I have a total of 21 mascaras (19 pictured above). I think it’s safe to say I’m addicted to mascara. It is impossible for me to walk into a drugstore or makeup store and not want to walk out with a new mascara. Since I have so many, I’ve been trying really hard to cut back, but it’s not easy. If I keep up this rate I will be forced to create Mascara-holics Anonymous Support Group.
Here’s my complete mascara collection list (in random order) and a mini review of each one based on my personal opinion. To give you some insight I have very thin, short, basically non existing eyelashes. If you’d like before and after photos of any of the mascaras listed below just let me know in the comments section.
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara + Lash Primer Plus – Great mascara and primer, but I wouldn’t pay full price for it ($21). I got this one at one of those bonus offers at the Estee Lauder counter at Sears.
- Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black – This mascara is loved by oh so many ladies. However for me, it is not my favorite. It clumps too easily in my opinion.
- Avon Wash-off Waterproof – My favorite waterproof mascara because it is a full waterproof mascara but yet washes off easily with soap and water. I don’t know about you, but I tend to not use waterproof mascara because I hate how hard it is to wash off. This one is just heaven-sent. It also gives nice length and volume.
- Clinique High Impact – Very similar to Loreal’s Carbon Black, but it clumps much less. At $14 I’d say it’s worth the price. But I’d recommend snatching it when it’s Clinique Bonus time like I did. It’s full size! 😉
- Loreal Telescopic Explosion – Absolutely amazing for bottom lashes. But it takes forever to get the top ones done. But if you have the time to dedicate to putting on your mascara, the payoff is quite nice because you get fully separated, fanned out lashes.
- Covergirl Lashblast Volume Waterproof – To be honest, I rarely use it because it is a pain to get off of the lashes because of the waterproof formula. And the brush is just too huge. I get mascara everywhere when I’m trying to put this on.
- Revlon Growluscious Plumping – Bleh, not much to say here. The growing part didn’t happen for me but then again I only used it consistently for a week.
- Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes – This was my favorite for a while, but then I got bored.
- Avon Super Magnify – This is a great lengthening mascara. It has a super thin bush that allows you to coat the lashes all the way to the tip. Also great for bottom lashes.
- Revlon Photoready 3D Volume – I love how it has bristles even on the tip of the brush. This is my newest purchase so I’m still in test mode.
- Rimmel The Max Volume Flash – Ok mascara, nothing to write home about.
- Wet n Wild Waterproof Mega Plump – I don’t even remember the results of this one so… next!
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes – Another ok mascara. I wasn’t a big fan of the heart-shaped brush, which made it kind of hard to work on the inner corners.
- Avon Extra-lasting – My second to recent purchase. Also still in testing mode.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Flared – My current favorite. It really does give you a false lash effect. It takes my lashes to zero to bow-chicka-wow-wow. Tip: the instructions of this mascara says not to wait until completely dry to apply several coats, instead apply while still wet. This really works for this mascara.
- Clinique Lash Doubling – Great lengthening mascara. Also got it in a Clinique Bonus.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Black Drama – Same as the Flared version but with slightly less volume but more of an intense black.
- Maybelline Great Lash Clear – Don’t even waste your time putting this on your lashes. It will disappear in 5 minutes. This is better for setting your eyebrows.
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night – The “day” brush doesn’t give enough length and the “night” brush is way too clumpy. I still haven’t figured this one out.
- Mary Kay Ultimate – Pretty good mascara.
- Avon Super Shock Max – Ok mascara. The brush is kind of big and weird but it’s still pretty good. Kudos if you can get it on your bottom lashes.
What’s your favorite mascara? ♥